The Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy has submitted to the candidates running for state and federal office a questionnaire on important issues relating to children. This will allow those candidates willing to respond the opportunity to answer these 10 questions:
- “What would you do to close the opportunity gap for the millions of children now being left behind?”
- “What will you do to improve the early years of a child’s life?
- “Do you see pre-school as an essential part of the education system?”
- “What would you do to make college more accessible for those who want to go?”
- “What would you do to help limit the trauma experienced by children living in Oklahoma?”
- “What would you do to ensure that every child has access to the best available medical and dental care?”
- “What would you do to reduce incarceration, but preserve the safety of children, in Oklahoma?”
- “How would you improve policies benefiting children in foster care or under the Office of Juvenile Affairs?”
- “What are your thoughts of preserving parental rights while protecting children from injury, harm, or disease under the law?”
- “What would you like to express about your views of child advocacy that we did not ask you?”
See the candidate responses HERE.