Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy is currently seeking interns for the 2018 spring semester to assist in various projects & administrative tasks. The positions will assist in fundraising, communications, and programs. Internships could lead to paid positions with OICA.
Position Qualifications: Applicants must have experience working in a team setting and be wiling to assist in helping plan and organize events. Ideal applicants will have knowledge of social media and be capable of conducting research as necessary.
- Able to work independently
- Able to work with a team
- Able to work under quick deadlines
- Self-starter with attention to detail
Position Reports to:
The Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy is seeking student interns with interests and skills in graphic design, communication, data analysis, policy, research, non-profit management or other related fields. The Institute will select 2-4 interns per semester. Application deadlines are:
- Fall Semester: Applications will be accepted until September 15th.
- Spring Semester: Applications will be accepted until January 31st.
- Summer Semester: Applications will be accepted until June 15th.
- Must be able to commit 100 hours towards internship
- Must complete an interview with staff to discuss interests and goals
- Must be able to work well with internal and external partners
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have reliable transportation and good driving record
- Must be available to work between Monday-Friday varying hours from 8:00am-5:30pm
- Must be willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed
If you would like more information on an internship, please fill out our Internship Application Form with the following information:
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Current degree track/collegiate program
- Semester or dates you are available (for example: January 13, 2018 to May 30, 2018)
- Days & times you are available (for example: Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:00am-3:30pm)
- Areas of interest (i.e. policy, research, graphic design, communication, etc.)
- Send a resume outlining your past experience in your field of study (job history, etc.)
- Send class/school requirements for your practicum or internship
- If you are applying for a communications or policy internship, please send two writing samples or graphic design samples (whichever is most applicable to your interest area)