The Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy is seeking student interns with interests and skills in graphic design, communication, data analysis, policy, research, non-profit management or other related fields. The Institute will select 2-4 interns per semester. Application deadlines are listed below:
- Fall Semester: Applications will be accepted until September 15th.
- Spring Semester: Applications will be accepted until February 28th.
- Summer Semester: Applications will be accepted until June 15th.
- Must be able to commit 100 hours towards internship
- Must complete an interview with staff to discuss interests and goals
- Must be able to work well with internal and external partners
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have reliable transportation and good driving record
- Must be available to work between Monday-Friday varying hours from 8:00am-5:30pm
- Must be willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed
If you would like more information on an internship, please send an email with the following information to LHabrock@oica.org:
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Current degree track/collegiate program
- Semester or dates you are available (for example: January 13, 2017 to May 30, 2017)
- Days & times you are available (for example: Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:00am-3:30pm)
- Areas of interest (i.e. policy, research, graphic design, communication, etc.)
- Send a resume outlining your past experience in your field of study (job history, etc.)
- Send class/school requirements for your practicum or internship
- If you are applying for a communications or policy internship, please send two writing samples or graphic design samples (whichever is most applicable to your interest area)