What ideas do you have to better the lives of Oklahoma’s children?
– Develop and encourage more resources for special needs children (that don’t divert funding from public schools)
– Close the school-to-prison pipeline by ensuring adequate care and attention in early development for all children
– Expand SoonerCare
– Expand WIC and SNAP
– Repeal SB 1140 and allow children to leave the foster system into a loving home
– Incorporate more technology in our students’ resources
What have you done to support children prior to this election?
– Sponsored Cesar Chavez Elementary
– Fed the cafeteria of Willowbrook Elementary for a year
– Opened a free clinic in Taft, Oklahoma during the Swine Flu outbreak and had lines out the door for days.
– Introduced telehealth to Boulevard Academy in Edmond
– Pioneered a program that supplied low-income children with necessities from the Food Bank in Edmond.
– My nonprofit does work every day to ensure the needs of children are met in emergency situations all across the globe.
What will you do to support families in your new role, if elected?
– I absolutely support restoring the EITC and will champion that effort.
– I will demand reform for the immigration detention centers that separate children from parents and keep them in inhumane conditions.
– I will advocate for a living wage, which lifts the burden off of working families.
– I will oppose private prisons, which generate the system of mass incarceration, which breaks up families and instills a profit motive in the subjugation of others.
– I will advocate for full funding for education and DHS.