- This event has passed.
2021 OICA Fall Forum
There is no “I” in Quaranteam
This four-day event is where we gather partners from all over the state to discuss the 2022 legislative agenda and advocacy priorities. Sessions will be conducted virtually.
This year, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Fall Forum will be held virtually starting on Wednesday, October 20th through Friday, October 22nd, and our last day on Monday, October 25th for two to three hours each day.
Fall Forum participants can access the official program for the event by clicking on the link at the end of this paragraph! The program contains the updated agenda, as well as biographies and photos of the presenters across the four days of online advocacy discussion, training, and development. 2021 Fall Forum Program
Become a sponsor or purchase your tickets here: https://one.bidpal.net/fallforum2021/welcome
Thanks to a few generous donors – including Schusterman Family Foundation, Merrick Family Foundation, Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust, Paycom, and Arnall Family Foundation – nonprofit youth partner organizations can get a free ticket to attend the Fall Forum. Click here to apply: https://oica.org/fall-forum-scholarship-application/
Theme: There is no “I” in Quaranteam
Wednesday, October 20, 9 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- 9:00-9:30 Opening Session for Fall Forum & Award Ceremony
- Welcome from OICA Board President
- Welcome from OICA CEO
- Welcome from 2020/2021 Kid Governor
- Announcement of Laura Choate Resilience Award Winner, Steven A Novick Advocacy Award Winner, Moran Award, and 2021/2022 Kid Governor
- 9:30-10:15 Workshop 1: The Healthy Kids Coalition
- 10:15-11:00 Workshop 2: Children’s Mental Health
- 11:00-12:15: Advocate Feedback Sessions: Mental Health/Physical Health
Thursday, October 21, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- 9:00-9:45 Workshop 3: Food Insecurity
- 9:45-10:30 Workshop 4: Federal Relief Funds
- 10:30-11:30 Advocate Feedback Sessions: Economic Stability for Oklahoma Families
- 11:30-12:30 Keynote Speech with Kathryn Robb
Friday, October 22, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- 9:00-9:45 Workshop 5: Child Welfare & Juvenile Justice Systems
- 9:45-10:45 Advocate Feedback Sessions: Child Welfare Systems & Juvenile Justice Systems
- 10:45-11:30 Workshop 6: Technology Use/Broadband Access
- 11:30-12:30 Advocate Feedback Sessions: Technology Use/Broadband Access
- 12:30-1:00 Federal Update
Monday, October 25, 9 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- 9:00-10:00- Panel Discussion with Lawmakers about the 2021 Legislative Session
- 10:00-10:30 Final Report on Legislative Agenda
- 10:30-12:30 NEAR Science & PACEs Discussion
- 11:00-1:30 Chili Cookoff Pickup
- 12:30-12:45 Closing Remarks
At the end of the session on Monday, all participants are invited to jump in the drive-thru pick-up line for chili from 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. in the parking lot of the OICA office, located at 2915 N Classen Blvd, Oklahoma City.