Join in on the fun with our online campaign to point out the dangers of misinformation on the internet. Select one of the status updates below as your status or come up with your own wildly imaginative, but untrue, status update. When your friends comment or like it, respond with:
Whoops! You shouldn’t have liked or commented on my last status Ha! Ha! Ha! Now, let’s see how good a sport you are. This is the 2021 So You Know campaign from the Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy. OICA helps reduce the spread of misinformation in Oklahoma to help improve the laws for kids in the state.
Now, I ask you to pick from one of the below and post it as your status, or make a $10 donation to OICA at https://donate.campaigndeputy.com/oica to help with its work (or both if you are so inclined). Don’t be a spoilsport. Pick your poison from one of these or come up with your own and post it as your status with the hashtag #SoYouKnow to help OICA track how quickly this post travels.
Suggested Status Posts
- I just won the biggest Lotto in history!
- My beard looks like the guys from ZZ Top.
- I’ve just been accepted into Harvard Law.
- I moving to Svalbard, an island near the North Pole.
- I’ve decided to shave my head.
- A rat ate my spark plug wires.
- Someone put a banana in my tailpipe.
- I’m Batman.
- I see dead people.
- I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
- I put Baby in a corner.
- Snakes. Why’d it have to be snakes?
- I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley.
- I shot my eye out!
- I’m on a mission from God.
- On my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.
- This ain’t my first time at the rodeo.
- I don’t know. I’m making this up as I go.
- We have top men working on it right now.
- I’m not an actor, I’m a movie star!
- I’m a legend in my own mind.
- I can catch a fly with chopsticks.
- I can handle the truth.